Return to Your Senses
Trauma-informed workshops for
massage therapists, bodyworkers, health care providers, activists, community health &
mental health counselors
Any event that overwhelms a person’s capacity to cope: accidents, illness, birth…can result in post traumatic symptoms, so, Return to Your Senses introduces you to therapeutic, engaging, un-intrusive approaches that can
- engage all clients in trauma-informed interactions
- reduce potential re-traumatization for clients with trauma histories
- reduce providers’ burnout and compassion fatigue
Return to Your Senses Trauma-informed series
- We explore how stress, busy lives and trauma can cut off or mute essential sensory information.
- We experiment with language and other forms of connection that create space for change.
- We practice non-invasive information gathering and listening that maximizes empowering care and minimizes stress.
- We utilize a variety of sensory modalities to help people re-connect with themselves.
Earn a 2 hour Professional Development Certificate upon completion of each session.
Return to Your Senses Topics for each sessions in this series:
- Sensory awareness informs self- care; Compassion Fatigue, Burnout
- Boundaries, Tracking, Interviews, Imagery
- Trauma Cycle, Unwinding Trauma, Trauma needs a way out: Movement, Communication
- Client directed contact, Space for change, Emotional release, Therapeutic Play
- Pregnancy, Pain, Illness, Injury, Ethics
Session 1 How Sensory awareness informs Self-care; Compassion Fatigue, Burnout.
Session 2 Boundaries, Tracking, Interviews, Imagery
Session 3: Trauma Cycle, Unwinding Trauma, Trauma needs a way out: Movement, Communication
We continue to apply what we learned in Part 1 during
Session 4: Client directed contact, Space for change, Emotional release, Therapeutic Play
Session 5: Pregnancy, Pain, Illness, Injury, Ethics
for Licensed Massage Therapists and other licensed bodyworkers
Do you want to work with people who have been physically and/or emotionally harmed by violence, accidents or overwhelmed by illness?
Then I invite you to take this Advanced Training, because your clients – and you – need body-centered, trauma-informed skills.
During the advanced training, your class time will include lectures, discussions, interactive activities and supervised practice sessions. Outside class, you will work with a few clients for several weeks, and bring your experiences to class for discussion.
Advance Training Classes are forming for (tentative meeting days): Sat/ Sun Oct. 22 & 23, Sat/ Sun Nov 5 & 6, Sun. Nov 20, Sat Dec 3, Sat Jan 7, Sat Feb 4, Sat Feb 18, Sat Mar 25. Classes in Oct – Dec. meet for 5 hours (+ meal break). Classes Jan – Mar meet for 3 hours.
Cost $750, includes handouts.
Save $50 when you complete registration by September 22 – Autumn Equinox.
Classes limited to 4 people. Please contact Carol asap to discuss your interest and questions, and, remember that the Return to Your Senses Introductory Series (described above) is required.
Sensory Awareness for Self- Regulation (90 min.)
You will feel relaxed and refreshed during this combination of lectures and short activities that help you
experience how sensory awareness enriches your life
experience how sensory awareness is keys to being present during daily activities
experience self-regulation through sensory awareness
experience integrated brain and nervous system function
You’ll receive a free handout to help you repeat the experiences and access information.
Earn a Professional Development Certificate upon completion of each session.
Contact Carol Springer to facilitate this 90 min. program for your group.
Cost: $75 per group (maximum 12).
Seated Upper Body Massage
Participants will learn
about Safe Touch
how to effortlessly give and receive simple massage (clothed and seated in a chair).
how to help each other relax as they practice during the class.
This instruction is only for personal use.